Monday, June 2, 2014

NBCOT Done! (Hopefully forever)

Today I took the NBCOT OTR exam. Tolerance wise, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was able to complete the clinical simulations and 85 of the multiple choice items before I took a break. The clinical simulations were the worst part. I wish the NBCOT study guide had the rationales for the correct answers of the clinical simulation practice items, but it doesn't. This makes very difficult to know why are some answers correct, neutral or wrong, which made me less confident about my answers in the real test. The multiple choice items were very similar to the ones in the study guide so I hope I score high in that section to compensate for my deficits in the clinical simulations.

I'm not going to know if I passed or not until at least a month from now because the NBCOT doesn't releases the pass/fail status until they receive a transcript that states that you have graduated. My graduation is this Friday and my University is kind of slow issuing transcripts, so we''ll see. I hope I don't have to see the NBCOT study guide or the TherapyEd review guide ever again! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment